Just Vibes

Young woman dies after choking during a hot dog eating contest.

Young woman dies after choking during a hot dog eating contest.

A University lacrosse star died over  the weekend  after choking throughout a scorching canine consuming contest.

 

Madelyn “Madie” Nicpon, 20, was collaborating in an off-campus fundraiser final Saturday when she reportedly choked and fell unconscious. The Tufts University scholar was then rushed to Boston hospital the place she tragically died the next day.

 

Thousands of her classmates gathered on Sunday night time to recollect the lacrosse participant, the college stated in an announcement.

 

Students positioned candles round her No.2 jerseys on the vigil on the Gantcher Center.

“A local of Suffern, New York, Madie was a biopsychology main, a member of the ladies’s lacrosse group, and an energetic member of our neighborhood,” the assertion learn.

 

“In the face of this painful loss, our hearts go out to Madie’s family and friends.”

 

“We are beyond heartbroken to share the news of the passing of junior Madie Nicpon — ‘Scooter,'” the Tufts lax group wrote on Instagram. “Scooter was a true friend and teammate. She truly valued her relationships with her teammates and coaches.”

 

“Her reach was far beyond our team — she was a true connector on campus and touched every single person she met.”

 

They added, “We love you, Scooter. Keep dancing from above.”

 

Nicpon had performed in a number of video games in her first two years for the Jumbos, and was anticipated to be a key contributor this season.

 

Services for New York native shall be held in Upper Saddle River, New Jersey on Friday and Saturday.

Related posts

Leave a Comment

WayOut CM uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More